World Life Experience “2nd Edition 2018/2019”
By TOP EXPERIENCE Ltd.,
- The Event World life experience is organized by Top Experience, Ltd., headquartered at Av. Conselheiro Fernando de Sousa 19 16º Dtº - 1070-072 LISBON, also referred to in the current General Conditions as the Organization.
- All rights to the event and the experience belong, unequivocally, to the Organization.
- Top Experience is the organiser of World Life Experience and holds all rights over the content, the program and the event model.
- Top Experience is the event promoter and owner of the international brand “World Life Experience”, the intellectual property rights of the project and the event designated by the brand’s name.
- Top Experience own the rights to images, copy and any product of the Event/Journey.
- In the case that any unforeseen events or situations of force majeure lead to delays and/or changes to the dates established for the completion of the World Life Experience event, and force changes to the General Conditions, the participant is not entitled to any type of indemnification or refund.
- In the case that the event World Life Experience does not take place, the Participant shall only be entitled to a refund of the value spent on the registration fee, with no right to further indemnification.
- Top Experience has the right to alter or cancel the event in case of death.
- Top Experience has the right to alter or cancel the event in case of kidnapping.
- Top Experience has the right to cancel, change or abstain from carrying out the event if, for any unforeseen reason, the Event’s security is compromised.
- WORLD LIFE EXPERIENCE is an innovative venture set up to create and foster a conscious community that will have a positive impact on the world and contribute to greater sustainability.
- Promoting social responsibility through hands-on involvement with local organizations and global NGOs, raising awareness of the importance of sustainability in the world.
- World Life Experience 2nd Edition will take 11 wonderful people from all over the globe on an adventure through 20 countries, for a whole year. This is a unique experience. One in which each individual, though working as part of a team, will bring their own unique insight to this yet to be written story.
- This is a private project that seeks to create stronger ties and greater cooperation between people, companies and non-governmental organizations geared toward social responsibility missions to generate better visibility and greater resourcing opportunities for social and humanitarian projects.
- Top Experience is solely responsible for the content, information and application processes directly and exclusively connected with the official channels of World Life Experience.
- The promoting entity is headquartered in Portugal, Europe and, therefore, any disputes must be resolved in the competent court of that country.
- World Life Experience reserves the right to implement changes to the travel plan or to make improvements, at any moment and without prior notice, as long as this does not imperil each participant’s physical and psychological integrity, without payment of any type of indemnification whatsoever.
- It is the Organization’s duty to define the rules to ensure the proper functioning of the event, namely those set forth in the regulation, at the site www.worldlifeexperience.com.
- The Organization shall take any measures it deems appropriate to ensure the attainment of the established standards, and, for that purpose, it may draft any additional amendments that may be deemed necessary.
- The event is aimed at all individuals, who fulfil the basic requirements outlined in these regulations.
- Only Nationals of the countries described below are eligible to participate:
AUSTRALIA, AUSTRIA, ALBANIA, ANDORRA, ARGENTINA, BARBADOS, BELGIUM, BOLIVIA, BRAZIL, BOSNIA AND HERZEGOVINA, BULGARIA, CANADA, CYPRUS, CHILE, COSTA RICA, COLOMBIA, CROATIA, CZECH REPUBLIC, DENMARK, DOMINICA, ECUADOR, EL SALVADOR, ESTONIA, FINLAND, FRANCE, GEORGIA, GERMANY, GUATEMALA, GRENADA, GREECE, HONDURAS, HONG KONG, HUNGARY, ICELAND, ITALY, ISRAEL, IRELAND, JAPAN, LATVIA, LITHUANIA, LIECHTENSTEIN, LUXEMBOURG, MACAO, MACEDONIA, MALAYSIA, MALTA, MEXICO, MONACO, MOLDAVIA, NETHERLANDS, NEW ZEALAND, NICARAGUA, NORWAY, PANAMA, PARAGUAY, PERU, POLAND, PORTUGAL, ROMANIA, RUSSIAN FEDERATION, SAN MARINO, SINGAPORE, SLOVAKIA, SLOVENIA, SWEDEN, SOUTH AFRICA, SPAIN, SWITZERLAND, TUNISIA, TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO, UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, UNITED ARAB EMIRATES, UNITED KINGDOM, UKRAINE, URUGUAY, VENEZUELA.
- The applicant should be a good fit with the purpose of the project. More specifically, the applicant should be able to demonstrate throughout the different stages of application, that the basic requirements for application validation can be met. These include, but are not limited to:
- Ages between 21 and 39;
- Intermediate mastery of English;
- Possessing satisfactory physical aptitude for the structure of the event (medical certificate of health);
- Having no criminal record;
- Being legally entitled to live in their current country of residence.
- Having traveled to more than 2 different countries.
- Having participated in at least two volunteering events of any type.
- We seek a Volunteer profile that is:
- Respectful and tolerant.
- Able to adapt and to learn.
- Capable of showing initiative.
- Able to work in a team.
- The promoter’s workers and employees, partners and sponsors, as well as spouses, family are not eligible to apply.
- Applications should be submitted individually on the World Life Experience website: www.worldlifeexperience.com .
- The selection process for participants will comprise three distinct application stages and applications will only be considered valid upon correct completion of all application forms.
- Following the pre-application stage, the application will only be considered effective upon a payment of 9€ (nine euros). This will be the only payment the candidate will have to make throughout the entire project. This amount is divided thus: a donation of 2,50€ (two euros and fifty cents) to one of the NGOs chosen by the project and which the candidate will select; 4,82€ (four euros and eighty two cents) for the selection process, and the remaining 1,68€ (one euro and sixty eight cents) allocated to fees and taxes.
- Only applications that meet the requirements included in these regulations and that provide the information requested in the forms shall be considered.
- When completing the questionnaires, all of the information provided must be true. Applications containing any information which is found to be untrue shall be excluded.
- When applying to participate in the project, applicants undertake to be available to participate in the World Life Experience for the duration of 1 year and to take part in activities related to culture, entertainment and social responsibility all over the world.
- The applicant also agrees to be prepared to join a group of 11 people and to participate in a trip around the world.
- The applicant is willing to share his/her experiences with the world through the World Life Experience communications channels.
- The 11 selected participants will have to sign a service provision contract that will be valid for the duration of the event.
- The group of 11 people shall be accompanied throughout the whole trip by 1 member of the World Life Experience team, in order to ensure the necessary safety and general conditions for the success of the trip.
- Top Experience does not have the right to substitute any candidate during the Event.
- All expenses in connection with the event are paid by the promoter.
- All selected applicants are entitled to a monthly remuneration guaranteed to all participants of €1.250/month (One thousand two hundred and fifty euros) as payment for their participation in the activities and for sharing their experiences.
- A final award of €1.250/month (One thousand, two hundred and fifty euros) paid cumulatively at the end of the event on fulfilling their contractual obligation to Top Experience Ltd. In the case of withdrawal, the participant loses the right to this award.
- In case of withdrawal, the participant shall not have the right to receive any amount, or any type of indemnification. However, depending on the factors involved, the cost of his/her trip back home may be supported by the Organization.
- The break period provided for within the scope of the project (one 15-day period of rest each during the event for participants to return home).
- 20 countries shall be visited throughout the event, with a stay of about 15 days in each country, divided as follows: 6 days undergoing volunteer work, 6 days getting to know the place and 3 days off.
- The Countries are:
BRASIL, URUGUAI, ARGENTINA, CHILE, PERU, COLOMBIA, COSTA RICA, PORTUGAL, ESPANHA, HOLANDA, GERMANY, REP. CHECA, GRECIA, THAILANDIA, CAMBODJA, MALÁSIA, INDONESIA, JAPÃO, AUSTRALIA, AFRICA DO SUL.
- Top Experience reserves the right to make any changes it deems necessary to ensure the safety of the Event participants.
- Applications to enter the World Life Experience – 2nd Edition 2018 event are open from April to July 20th, 2018, 23.59 pm and this period, with the possibility of this period being extended for an additional 30 days if justified.
- The selection process shall take place after the applications deadline (July 20th, 2018, 23.59 pm) until September 30th 2018.
- The event will begin on January 15th 2019, and finish on November 27th 2019.
- The World Life Experience – 2nd Edition 2018 application process comprises 4 separate selection stages.
This stage shall take place from April to July 20th.
- In the 2nd stage, participants shall have to fill out a form, complete surveys and a test, all described below (knockout stage):
- Personal information form.
- Volunteering, values and purposes’ survey.
- Social ability and group behavior survey.
- Logical thinking survey.
- English language test.
This stage shall take place from March to July 20th, and the results shall be published until July 31st.
- In the 3rd stage, participants shall undergo a psychological test and produce a short introduction video clip (knockout stage).
This stage shall take place from August 1st to August 15th, and its results shall be made known on August 30th.
- In the 4th stage participants shall undergo an interview via Skype (knockout stage).
This stage shall take place from September 1st to September 20th.
Final selection results shall be published by September 30th.
- During each stage, applicants will be eliminated according to the selection criteria of each stage.
- Participation in the event is only confirmed upon receipt of an official notice of confirmation of the final selection of participants, once all of the stages of application and selection have been completed.
- The candidates deemed eligible to participate in the World Life Experience Event shall submit their application on the website www.applications.worldlifeexperience.com, accepting the conditions and carrying out the registration payment.
- Upon successful payment, participants will receive an e-mail with the respective invoice.
- After concluding the previous stage, a form, various surveys and an English language test shall become available to be completed by the participants.
- Upon completion of this stage, participants shall receive an e-mail confirming the successful submission of their application.
- Applicants will receive the results of their application: “Selected” or “Not Selected” addressed to the email provided on the form, on the 31st of July.
- If they are selected, they must follow the instructions contained in the email to continue in the selection process.
- In this stage, participants produce a short introduction video and complete a psychological test.
- In this stage, some evidentiary documentation regarding the information provided will be requested and one or more recorded interviews will be conducted with the applicant.
- All of the information in the application will be stored and treated for the purpose of applicant selection. The data collected is for this exclusive purpose.
- This process is developed exclusively by an independent entity, CEGOC, Portuguese delegation, specialized in analysis, selection and recruitment.
- The applications will be validated according to objective and subjective criteria and the regulations.
- All of the proposals received will be analyzed and scrutinized by a multidisciplinary WLE team.
- A total of 11 applications will be selected. Should an applicant withdraw or be unable to participate before the event, the next applicant on the list shall be selected to take their place.
- All the participants will be insured for travel and medical assistance paid for by the Organization.
- The costs resulting from obtaining visas for entry into the different countries shall be assumed by the participants.
- The Participants shall have sole responsibility for complying with the necessary requirements and formalities to obtain the visa.
- The Participants are responsible for all personal documents (passport, ID cards and visas).
- All the participants shall be vaccinated and ensure compliance with the proper prevention procedures as advised in the mandatory traveller’s medical appointment. This is to take place in their country of origin prior to the beginning of the trip.
- Vaccines indicated for the traveller’s medical welfare include: Yellow Fever, Cholera, Hepatitis A and B, Typhoid, Dengue Fever e TD Polio.
- All expenses pertaining to vaccination are to be borne by the selected participants.
- In the case that the event is canceled, a refund of the purchase value may be requested, but all costs pertaining to transaction fees and charges shall be deducted.
- The participant is entitled to request a refund within 14 days from the date of payment and confirmation of their participation in the Event WLE II 2018.
- Top Experience Ltd shall not reimburse the operation exchange costs and transfer costs, or other costs that may arise due to the restitution of the registration fee.
- For more information, refer to the Refund Policy at www.worldlifeexperience.com.
(Applicable Law and Competent Court)
- Participants expressly and unequivocally agree that these Terms and Conditions are subject to regulation under Portuguese Law, expressly disclaiming the applicability of any other legal, regulatory or conventional provisions of Law.
- Without prejudice to access to the relevant judicial channels, in the event of claim and relief for disputes of a value no greater than the threshold value for courts of first instance, on the grounds of non-compliance, by Top Experience Ltd., as set out in the applicable legislation, Top Experience Ltd. offers the Customer access to the [Centro de Arbitragem de Conflitos de Consumo, Rua dos Douradores, 116, 2º andar, 1100-207 Lisboa].
More information can be found at Portal do Consumidor (www.consumidor.pt).
- In order to resolve any dispute arising from the execution or interpretation of these Terms and Conditions, the participants consider the Portuguese Law as applicable and specify as competent the Civil Court of the District of Lisbon, with express waiver of any other.
(Omissions and Issues of Interpretation)
- The promoters of the event are exclusively responsible for resolving all issues and omissions provided for in the preceding paragraph and shall be disclosed by the means deemed most convenient.