PRIVACY AND SECURITY POLICY
World Life Experience “Ambassadors 2020/2021”
Top Experience, Lda., headquartered in Avenida Conselheiro Fernando Sousa nº19 16º dto, 1070-072 Lisbon (“World Life Experience”) is committed to protecting your privacy, thus ensuring that you can continue to entrust your personal data to Top Experience. Whenever you interact with us, you may share personal information that allows us to identify you as a user (e.g. name, email, address, telephone number). Said elements are known as "personal data".
The Privacy and Security Policy has the purpose of clarifying which information is to be collected, why we collect the information, and how we process it. We are aware of the relevance of such information and, therefore, we expect the user to read the privacy and security policy carefully and thoroughly.
This policy (“Privacy and Security Policy”) defines:
Scope and acceptance
Collected personal data
Registration of candidates to the Edition Events or Membership subscription
Other Services and Refer-a-Friend
How We Use the Information
Your Options Regarding Personally Identifiable Information
Information Security and Quality
What are cookies
The type of cookies used by the site World Life Experience
How to control cookies
Statistical Recording Files
Special Note for Parents
Changes to our privacy and security practices
1. Scope and Acceptance of this Privacy and Security Policy
This Privacy and Security Policy applies to the personal data we collect in order to offer you our services and events.
Top Experience Lda believes in the transforming power of social responsibility and culture and has the mission of turning navigation within the site and the moment of registration into a unique experience. We operate under strict Privacy and Security Policy. We use a modern encryption system and advanced online transaction technology, in order to ensure that your registration takes place safely, thus maintaining the quality of our services.
Top Experience Lda., the entity responsible for the Event World Life Experience, takes into serious consideration in addressing the confidentiality and protection of the data registered by its candidates.
The site www.worldlifeexperience.com ensures the privacy and security of the data provided by its users, regarding the various services made available, and solely requests and collects the data deemed necessary for the provision of the service, accordingly with the explicit indications made available on the site and the candidate’s options. If he/she so requires, the data owner has the right to access, rectify, or delete the data provided.
Top Experience Lda. processes data in a lawful and fair manner, collecting only the information necessary and relevant to the purpose for which it is intended.
Top Experience Lda. enables the candidates the access and correction of the personal information provided during registration, conveying such information in a clear and precise language, corresponding to the contents of the registration.
Top Experience Lda. does not use the collected data for any purpose other than which is stated below and will uphold the data accurately and, if necessary, updated.
Top Experience Lda. ensures the express consent by the candidates to the data whenever such is required and ensures the right, at no charge, to delete the data used, whenever required by the candidate.
Top Experience Lda. has security systems which prevent the consultation, modification, destruction or addition of the data by any person who is not authorized to do so and which allow the detection of alterations to the information, intentional or non-intentional.
Top Experience Lda. respects professional secrecy regarding the processed data.
Please be advised that, in case you do not agree with the content of this policy, it is not recommended for you to join the Event or to use any service related to the World Life Experience Event holding and/or promotion.
2. Collected Personal Data
However, while using our Services, you may be able to register for an event edition, subscribe to a membership, buy products, enter promotions, sweepstakes or other contests, participate in a survey, complete a questionnaire or other “information request” form, or otherwise subscribe to one of our services such as our online newsletters, participate in one of our online forums/communities, express an opinion or communicate with our customer service. In order to utilize, participate in, or otherwise access such products, services or other offerings, you may be required to provide us with your personally identifiable information, which is information that, alone or in combination with other information, allows us to identify you, such as your name, address, phone number, e-mail address, contact preferences, credit card information, financial information, or information relating to a support or service issue. The collection of such data shall conform to the strictest security rules.
In addition, when you register for a specific event edition and submit an application, you may provide us with some or all of the following information: (a) your name, email address, age, user name, password, and other registration information require when registering on our site or completing the registration form for the 3rd edition application, (b) transaction-related information, such as when you make a membership subscription or respond to any offers via the website; (c) information you provide us when you contact us for help; (d) credit card information for purchase of products or services on our website, where applicable, and any third-party products or services available on our site; (e) information you enter into our system when using the site, such as contact information; and (f) in certain circumstances, your user name, and profile information related to your social media accounts, such as Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram. In addition to the uses described above, we may also use the information you provide us in connection with the user membership to provide customer service and other requested actions with respect to the 3rd Edition Application or your associated user account and/or to contact you from time to time to provide you with important information, required notices and marketing promotions.
IN ADDITION, IF YOU DO PROVIDE US WITH YOUR PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION, YOU HAVE THE ABILITY TO PREVENT US FROM SHARING YOUR INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES IF YOU WISH, AS DESCRIBED BELOW UNDER “Your Options Regarding Personally Identifiable Information”.
All contractors and employees of the responsible entity, Top Experience Lda., are subject to confidentiality obligation regarding the data to which they may have access in the scope of the operations of the respective electronic database, being duly informed of the importance of fulfilling this legal duty of secrecy, and being liable for complying with such confidentiality obligation.
3. Registration of candidates to the Edition Events or Membership subscription
The registration of candidates enables access to the selected Event and requires the introduction of personal data, such as Full Name; Passport Number; Nationality; Birth Date; Level of Education; Profession; Complete Address; Telephone numbers, e-mail address, Skype ID and/or other information.
Upon membership subscription registration, financial information shall be required, accordingly with the selected payment method.
The candidate hereby agrees to provide his/her personal data, as such is essential for the formalization of the subscription/registration, and which shall ensure that only the participant carries out the registration for membership subscription.
By selecting credit card payment, you must provide the card number, security code, and expiration date. For your security, this information will not be kept in our database, and you need to insert them again on all purchases. In such transactions, the approval process is done directly with the Card Administrators, Banks, and payment intermediaries.
The locked padlock item, in the upper left corner of the site’s URL, indicates the secure transmission of payment data.
4. Other Services and Refer-a-Friend
The service of Refer-a-friend allows you to invite your friends to visit our website and learn about the 3rd Edition program by sharing our website link via email. When entering your friends’ emails, we will use the information to send an email on your behalf to your friend to share the site and program. When you refer a friend, your referral will include your name. The friends’ email addresses will be immediately deleted from our records and not stored.
5. How We Use the Information
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we share personally identifiable information collected through our Services with unaffiliated third parties only as described below. (Please see “Your Options Regarding Personally Identifiable Information” below for information on how to avoid having your personally identifiable information shared by us.)
• Leads and Referrals – Special Consent: By submitting your application for an event edition, such as the 3rd Edition event for 2020, you are providing your express written consent to be contacted by Top Experience LDA and/or by our associated advertisers, professional service providers and other Business Providers for marketing, informational and/or other similar or related purposes in connection with your highlighted interests and in relation to the event. You further understand and agree that you may be contacted by email, phone, mail or otherwise, based on the email address and/or other data you have provided in the request form you completed and submitted to Top Experience LDA through our Services. This consent applies even if your phone number, email address or other data is on a corporate, federal, state, local or another do-not-contact type of list or directory (such as the U.S. National Do Not Call Registry). You are not required to consent to receive autodialer calls or to otherwise provide this consent, as a condition of purchasing any products or services from Top Experience LDA or any of our advertisers, professional service providers or other Business Providers. You agree that your submitted request or inquiry (as described above) acts as your electronic signature for this consent. You acknowledge that for text, SMS, calls and other electronic messages that message and data rates (for example, from your network provider) may apply.
• Third-Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples may include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing credit card payments and providing customer service. In connection with their performance of functions on our behalf, we may share personally identifiable information with such companies and individuals as needed for them to perform their functions, but we do not permit such entities and individuals to use personally identifiable information for other purposes. In addition, we may provide non-personally-identifiable information to advertisers and other third parties for their use in marketing efforts for us, themselves, or others. If you are not interested in receiving targeted advertisements or other marketing information or materials as a result of such efforts, you may adjust the settings on your mobile devices to prevent the use of your non-personally-identifiable information in this manner.
• Third-Party Promotions: We may send offers to selected groups of customers on behalf of unaffiliated businesses that want to market their products or services to you, and as part of these promotional offers we may sell or disclose certain of your personally identifiable information to such unaffiliated businesses. If you prefer not to be contacted by any such business with whom we share your personally identifiable information, you may follow the “unsubscribe” instructions provided in any email you receive from any such third party. In addition, you may opt-out of our sharing your personally identifiable information with such businesses by following the instructions on our Opt-Out Email Form, as described below under “Your Options Regarding Personally Identifiable Information”.
• In-House Promotions: We may on occasion combine information we receive through our Services with outside records to enhance our ability to market our products and services that may be of interest to you. If you have signed up to receive our e-mails and prefer not to receive marketing information in connection with our Services, please follow the “unsubscribe” instructions provided on any marketing e-mail you receive in connection with our Services or by following the instructions in our Opt-Out Email Form, as described below under “Unsubscribe Requests”.
• Protection of Our Services and Others: We reserve the right to release personally identifiable information to unaffiliated third parties when we believe its release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions and other agreements, or protect the rights, property or safety of Top Experience LDA, our users or others. This includes exchanging information with other unaffiliated third parties in connection with fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
• User Submissions: If you participate in any online forum/communities, chat sessions and/or blogs, or otherwise post in any user comment field visible to other users of our Services, any information that you submit or post will be visible to and may be read, collected or used by others who use our Services. We are not responsible for any information, including personally identifiable information, you choose to submit in any such user comment field.
• Friend Referral: When you invite your friends to visit our website and learn about the 3rd Edition program, we will use the provided information to send an email on your behalf to your friend to share the site and program. When you refer a friend, your referral will include your name in the email invitation. The friends’ email addresses will be deleted from our records and not stored.
6. “Your Options Regarding Personally Identifiable Information”.
Except where we believe the release of your personally identifiable information is necessary or appropriate (a) to allow third-party service providers to perform functions on our behalf or (b) to comply with law, enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions and other agreements, or protect the rights, property or safety of Top Experience, our users or others, you may opt-out of ours sharing your personally identifiable information with unaffiliated third parties by completing our Opt-Out Form.
7. Information Security and Quality
It is our goal to ensure the quality and integrity of the information provided by the users of our site, and thus we implemented the necessary technological and organizational measures so as to ensure that the information is secure, accurate, updated and complete.
In the areas of the site in which the candidates’ personal data is collected, its transmission is encrypted resorting to the SSL 3.0 (Secure Sockets Layer) protocol, with 128-bit encryption keys.
Using this technology, the data sent by the candidate to the portal is encrypted using a 128-bit key, which is currently the sturdiest form of encryption supported by current Internet browsers.
We exercise care in providing secure transmission of your information from your computer to our servers in connection with the Website. Personal information collected by the Website is stored in secure operating environments that are not available to the public. While Top Experience has mechanisms in place to safeguard your personal information once we receive it, no transmission of data over the Internet or any other public network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
The site www.worldlifeexperience.com stores information and provides the possibility of accessing the information stored in the user's equipment, through cookies, only when the user has given prior consent, before installing such cookies, upon active behavior and as a result of a free-willed decision, based on clear and complete information under the terms set out hereinafter, particularly regarding the purpose of data processing.
9. What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files with relevant information, which your device (computer, mobile phone/smartphone or tablet) downloads through your browser when you visit a site, collecting information related to your preferences, not including your personal data.
10. Cookies’ attributes
Cookies are used to improve the user’s browsing experience, improving response speed and efficiency, and removing the need to insert the same information repeatedly. Each cookie used has a purpose and an expiration date.
11. What type of cookies does the site World Life Experience use?
Are used anonymously in order to create and analyze statistics, so as to improve the website’s functioning;
Strictly Necessary Cookies:
Enable you to browse the website and use your applications, as well as to access secure areas of the website. The absence of these cookies deters the provision of any services you may have required;
Record the user’s preferences regarding the site’s use, so you do not need to reconfigure the site each time you visit it.
12. How to control cookies?
You can control and/or delete cookies at your discretion. For more information, refer to the About Cookies site.
You may delete all cookies already installed on your computer or mobile device, or enable an option available in most browsers that prevent their installation.
When cookies are disabled, the World Life Experience site may not operate properly.
Our site www.worldlifeexperience.com includes links to other websites or Internet resources. Top Experience Lda. is not liable for said sites' privacy policies or content. When you click on one of those links you are contacting another website. We have no control over, and no responsibility or liability for, other websites or their collection, use, and disclosure of your personal information. You may encounter third-party advertisements in connection with your use of the Website through, for example, hyperlinked websites and advertisements. We have no control over, and no responsibility or liability for, the cookies or other technologies used in those advertisements or for the use and disclosure of information collected through advertisement cookies or other technologies that you may encounter in connection with your use of the Website.
14. Statistical Recording Files
The IP addresses of all links to the site www.worldlifeexperience.com are recorded. This information will be used to perform aggregate statistical analysis, with no established relation to the services and interactions with the candidates.
Top Experience Lda. will monitor all statistical information regarding the use of the website in an aggregated and anonymous way. The data used for this purpose do not include personal identification data or private information.
Any analyses conducted from aggregate statistical information shall occur in order to interpret site usage patterns and to continuously improve service levels and user satisfaction. The aggregate statistical information resulting from the analyses may be disclosed to third parties or publicly.
15. Special Note for Parents
Our Services are intended for a general audience and were not designed for children. We are not responsible for any access or use of our Services by children. (By way of example, our Services are not intended to sell products for purchase by children.) If you are under 18, you may use our Services only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
16. Alleged Violations
17. Limited Liability
COMPANY’S LIABILITY TO YOU IS LIMITED. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL COMPANY BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS, OR LOST DATA, REGARDLESS OF THE FORESEEABILITY OF THOSE DAMAGES) ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF THE SITE OR ANY OTHER MATERIALS OR SERVICES PROVIDED TO YOU BY COMPANY. This limitation shall apply regardless of whether the damages arise out of breach of contract, tort, or any other legal theory or form of action.
18. Prohibited Uses
Company imposes certain restrictions on your permissible use of the Site and the Service. You are prohibited from violating or attempting to violate any security features of the Site or Service, including, without limitation, (a) accessing content or data not intended for you, collecting any personally identifiable information of or about any other user of the Services, or logging onto a server or account that you are not authorized to access; (b) using spiders, robots or other automated data mining techniques to catalogue, download, store or otherwise reproduce or distribute data or content available in connection with the Services, or to manipulate the results of any survey, contest, or attempting to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of the Site, or any associated system or network, or to breach security or authentication measures without proper authorization; (c) interfering or attempting to interfere with service to any user, host, or network, including, without limitation, by means of submitting a virus, corrupted data or any other harmful, disruptive or destructive code, file or information, including, but not limited to, spyware to the Site, overloading, “flooding,” “spamming,” “mail bombing,” or “crashing;” (d) using the Site to send unsolicited e-mail, including, without limitation, promotions, or advertisements for products or services; (e) opening, using, or maintaining more than one (1) membership account with the Company; (f) forging or masking your true identity; (g) framing a portion(s) of the Site within another website or altering the appearance of the Site; (h) establishing links from any other website to any page of, on or located within the Site or to the Services, without the prior express written permission of Top Experience Ltd; (i) posting or transmitting any threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, lewd, scandalous or inflammatory material or content or any material or content that could otherwise violate applicable laws; (j) engaging in any fraudulent activity, including, but not limited to, masking or forging your identity, submitting false information during the registration process, submitting false or untrue survey data, and tampering with questionnaires; (k) forging any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any e-mail or in any posting; (l) attempting to modify, reverse-engineer, decompile, disassemble, reveal, disclose, or otherwise reduce or attempt to reduce to a human-perceivable form any of the source code used by Company in providing the Site; (m) engaging in any criminal or illegal act(s); or (m) encouraging and/or advising any individual, including, but not limited to, any Top Experience Ltd. employee, to commit any act(s) prohibited hereunder. Any violation of system or network security may subject you to civil and/or criminal liability.
19. Chances of our privacy and security practices
In case Top Experience Ltd. changes their privacy practices, there will always be available for consultation herein, we recommend that you check our privacy and security policy regularly, so as to be permanently updated.
For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Came into force on May 1st, 2017; last updated on February 2nd, 2019.